Obtaining a Permit
Schedule your permit test appointment online at:
https://www.dmvteen.ct.gov/dmv/do-it-online you may choose your test date,
time of the test and the DMV branch office. You must pay online with a credit card ($40.00) includes the DMV road test fee.
Since you will have an appointment at the DMV your testing time will be at that time.
No waiting hours!
Bring with you the following:
- Birth certificate/Copy (state/city cert. only)
- Social Security card/Copy (with signature)
- Address verification - DMV requires two forms of address verification. Verification may be in the form of a utility bill in the driver's name dated within 90 days, mortgage document, signed lease or rental agreement, or a postmarked letter dated within 90 days if the resident address is the same as the mailing address.
- Parent or legal guardian
- DMV Permit Test fee - $40.00 and $19.00
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE IDs, PLEASE ASK US. THERE ARE OTHERS THAT MAY BE SUBSTITUTED.
PERMIT TEST CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Twenty-five questions - multiple-choice test (20 questions must be correct)
- Eye exam (Please bring your glasses or contacts if you require them.)
- You will be issued a permit the same day and may start driving (with restrictions).